Thursday, March 15, 2007

Taking one for the team

Today is Thursday, and you know what that means-- right, morning racquetball. As usual, Bob was there before me, but only by a few minutes. He always has a few minutes to hit the ball around before we play, and we start a real game as soon as I come into the court and stretch a little.

So, I say that between less than six hours of sleep and lack of warmup, the result of the first game wasn't that surprising-- I was shut out. I won the second game, by a reasonable margin.

We fought hard in the third game, doing a lot of switching off serves without scoring. It was 8 to 10, my serve. Often I run back from mid-court as soon as I can see where the serve is going to land, but not this time, and Bob returned the serve right into my face. He hit me right below the glasses, and just to the left of the tip of my nose. It hit pretty hard. It took me a minute or so to shake it off. And of course, since it was clear that his return would have been successful had my face not been there, we treated it as "interference" and did the serve over. Anyway, I ended up winning, 15 to 12.

Updated record: Bob - 14, Joel - 11.

1 Comments:

Blogger darling said...

Ouch. I have to apologize as I might have brough that one on. Karmic ruling and all that.

Glad youre feeling better.

10:37 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home