Saturday, February 10, 2007

May you live in interesting times

There is a (possibly apocryphal) "Chinese curse": "May you live in interesting times." Well, how interesting your times are certainly has something to do with how tuned in you are to what's going on in the world around you (cf. other saying "Ignorance is bliss"). I've decided in the last few weeks to drastically curtail my intake of news, and am instead listening to an Agatha Christie novel with the not so creative sounding title of "The Secret Adversary".

Result? My mind is not brimming over with interesting things to share with the reading public. Some of this is probably due also to the medicine I've been taking. The river of life flows on, swirling with eddies of trouble and pleasure.

On a diet, new house tenant/guest, company acquired by a large multinational consulting company, very cold, still in debt. What I'm really worried about though, is this: Will I have a chance to watch episode 12 of HBO's "Rome" before it expires from Comcast's On Demand menu?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home